This course – relevant to all care settings – provides Division 1 and Division 2 RNs with an introduction to palliative care.
It explores the comprehensive needs of the dying and their families and gives an overview of some common issues that confront professional carers on a day-to-day basis when caring for the terminally ill.
Topics include the following
Day 1 & 2 (mandatory)
● Aims and Philosophy of Palliative Care/Palliative Approach
● Gastrointestinal Symptoms
● Respiratory Symptoms
● Pain Assessment & Management
● Nutrition & Hydration
● Dying Process & End of Life Care
● Spiritual Care
● Grief and Bereavement (including Self Care)
● Complementary Therapies
Day 3 (optional)
● Malignant Wounds
● Palliative Care Emergencies
● Syringe Drivers (not competency based)
● Advance Care Planning
Day 4 (optional)
● Optional day on the road
● Observing Capacity of Grade 3 nurse visiting clients in the home.
Upcoming dates for 2021
RN Course 1 – 29 April, 6 & 13 May
RN Course 2 – 7, 14 & 21 October – CANCELLED
For further information email email@example.com or call us on 1300 130 813.
NOTE: These courses explore the comprehensive needs of people at the end of life and their families, giving an overview of some common issues that confront clients, carers and health professionals. All courses are run at Eastern Palliative Care, 630 Mitcham Road, Mitcham