Eastern Palliative Care Educators can provide a range of flexible education options to meet your needs.
Education can take the form of short sessions or longer courses.
● Topics tailored to your needs
● Flexible times and locations
Introduction to Palliative Care Course
● Full day courses for PCAs and RNs
● Offered on site at EPC Mitcham or at your facility
Our education services link to relevant accreditation standards to meet your funding requirements.
One hour of training equals one CPD Point for RNs.
Topics offered 2021
● The Principles of Palliative Care and the Palliative Approach to care.
» Includes recognising signs of deterioration, palliative care & dementia and holistic care.
● Syringe Drivers
● Symptom Management in Palliative Care*
» Nausea and vomiting
» Constipation/bowel obstruction
» Nutrition and hydration
● Pain Assessment and Management*
● The Dying Process and End of Life Care*
» Includes management of agitation & restlessness and respiratory secretions.
*Are delivered tailored to either PCA or RN audience. Detailed Medication Management included for RN’s.
The following topics can also be delivered.
● Dementia and Dying
● Advance Care Planning
● Grief, Loss and Bereavement
● Communication in Palliative Care
For further information email email@example.com or call us on 1300 130 813.